In the book 1 of our 1 to 1 series, “WHAT DID JESUS DO?” we took an introductory look at all that Jesus has done because of His great love for us:
- He paid the debt of our sin so we can have eternal life and be reconciled with our Heavenly Father.
- He gave us a new life, new hope and purpose.
- He gave us His Word, the Bible, to lead us and to reveal Himself to us.
- He gave us His Spirit, to comfort us, teach us and help us to live this new life.
- He places us in a family, the Church, with whom we take this journey as Christ followers together.
Our relationship with God is a journey. The word “Saved” in the Bible is not in the past tense. We are saved, we are being saved and we will be saved. It is a lifelong journey!
He HAS saved us (regeneration) – “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God” (Eph 2:8).
He IS saving us (sanctification) – “Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day” (2 Cor 4:16).
He WILL save us (glorification) – “Who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time” (1 Peter 1:5).
This booklet aims to prepare you with all you need for the journey ahead.